Launchpad (Cohort 1)
Carbon13 is the venture builder for the climate emergency.
We are selecting and supporting 1,000 entrepreneurs over 5 years who will build scalable ventures with the potential to reduce carbon emissions by over 400 million tonnes.
The Carbon13 Venture Launchpad supports startups who have not yet raised equity finance to make progress towards product-market fit and advance their ability to understand their "carbon opportunity". Those who show good progress and whom we judge to have the potential, at scale, to reduce carbon (CO2e) emissions by 10m tonnes per annum or more, will receive a pre-seed investment from Carbon13.
We are looking forward to finding out more about you throughout this application process.
Location and Dates
Although the programme will be delivered virtually, there will be optional in-person opportunities in London and/or Cambridge.
- This application will remain open until December 17th
- There will be rolling screening in November and December including interviews and submission of further materials
- Offers to participate will be extended by mid-December
- 8-week launchpad program starts in January 2023, with 4-5 hours of mandatory, and 4-5 hours opt-in programming a week
- Demo day and pitch to Carbon13 for pre-seed investment in early March
There will be opportunities to get follow on fundraising support from Carbon13 and to continue engaging with the community well beyond March.
You’ll be a fit for this programme if:
- You have a strong founding team, an idea with huge decarbonisation potential, and some early traction
- You're SEIS eligible (pre-seed investments from Carbon13 will happen after the SEIS cap increase in April, so you may be eligible even if you’ve raised SEIS funding already!)
- You're incorporated in the UK
At Carbon13 we want to enable as many diverse and talented founders as we can, so please let us know here if you have any concerns about the program and we can discuss them with you. In particular, if you have any personal circumstances that you think might affect your ability to participate, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and Data
Some of your answers may contribute to academic research being conducted at Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS). Information shared with CJBS will not include any information which makes you personally identifiable, and you can see more details of the study being conducted and whom to contact if you have questions about the study here if you wish.
The deadline for Launchpad Cohort 1 applications is 25th November 2022.
You’re very welcome to email us at email@example.com with questions about this deadline.